On October 11 and 12, 2017, the jury for the Place des Montréalaises competition analyzed 30 eligible proposals and afterwards named five finalists, based on the evaluation criteria outlined in the competition rules.
The five finalists are:
- Arcadia + civiliti + PARA-SOL, in partnership with Lasalle | NHC, Groupe EGP, Sybil McKenna, and Jean-François Barsoum
- BC2 Groupe Conseil, in partnership with Daily tous les jours, joined in stage 2 by Lapointe Magne & Associés, CIMA+, and WORKac
- Bureau Bas Smets and Pelletier de Fontenay, joined in stage 2 by WAA Montréal, NEUF architect(e)s, Latéral s.e.n.c., and WSP Canada
- Lemay, joined in stage 2 by SNC Lavalin
- Mandaworks and Sid Lee Architecture, joined in stage to by OPTION Aménagement and GBI Experts-Conseils
In the second stage the finalists will further develop their proposals and produce a sketch, presenting their proposals before the jury and a public audience in the spring of 2018. The day after the public presentation, the jury will continue its deliberations and select a winning project, which will be announced in September 2018.