Kaunas City Municipality and competition organisers Malcolm Reading Consultants announced the 3 finalists in the open anonymous design contest for the new circa €30m M.K. Ciurlionis Concert Centre.
The finalists were:
- Paleko Archstudija and UAB Baltic Engineers (Lithuania) (1st Prize winner);
- Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios (United Kingdom);
- Adam Khan Architects (United Kingdom).
A further 11 practices also proceeded to the top band of evaluation, as per the previously published Competition Conditions. These practices were:
- Tabanlioglu Architects (Turkey); Arquivio Arquitectura SLP (Spain);
- Ja Architecture Studio (Canada);
- Mangado Y Asociados (Spain);
- Studija “Heima”, MB and Vaidas Saveikis (Lithuania);
- MHN Design Union (Australia);
- MAKAN Architects (Egypt);
- SLOT Studio (Mexico);
- 2xm (Italy);
- MAMBA (United Kingdom);
- Young & Ayata (United States).
The Concert Centre will be named in honour of Lithuanian polymath M. K. Ciurlionis, an outstanding Lithuanian painter, composer and writer.
For further information click here.