The Ville de Montréal recently launched a multidisciplinary design competition for a collection of playful urban furniture for esplanade Clark, in the Quartier des spectacles, downtown Montréal.
This competition is held in two major stages: the first based on anonymous proposals and a second stage (which is remunerated), in which a maximum of four finalists, selected by the jury during the first stage, will submit a service offering.
Stage 1 / Proposal
Any team or firm that respects the following conditions is eligible for stage 1 of the competition:
It must be composed, at a minimum, of the following people:
- One (1) Industrial Designer with five (5) or more years of experience;
- One (1) other Designer with five (5) or more years of experience;
- Have a business address in Canada at the time of the competition.
The Ville de Montréal encourages the formation of multidisciplinary teams.
Stage 2 / Service offering
Any team or firm that is composed of at least the following people is eligible for stage 2 of the competition
- A Coordinator Designer with eight (8) years or more of experience;
- An Industrial Designer with eight (8) years or more of experience;
- A Structural Engineer (or an engineer in another discipline, depending on the nature of the project) authorized to practise in Québec and who has eight (8) years or more of experience.
The proposed budget for the manufacture and installation of all furniture elements of the collection is CAD$600,000 before taxes. The maximum budget for the competition winner’s professional service fees is CAD$225,000, plus taxes.
The competition is national (Canada) in scope but designers from other countries can submit a proposal if they team up with a canadian designer or have a business address in Canada at the time of the competition.
Competition deadline: October 4, 2019, before noon, Montréal time
Competition details and schedule here.