The Design and Education Working Group aims to be a space for learning, sharing and discussing best practices for the cities that understand the importance of a continued and broad design education, directed not only towards higher education but also aimed at diverse social groups, such as children, and with novel approaches.
The Working Group seeks to:
- promote connections between schools of design;
- foster international cooperation projects between design cities;
- connect design students to international resources;
- discover resources and innovative pathways so higher education students are ready for the design market;
- encourage the inclusion of design and creative education into curriculum at all levels;
- nurture, within their cities and institutions, education of design pathways that are interdisciplinary, continued and universal;
- appreciate and understand the diversity of design when thought within various cultural, historical, and territorial contexts.