Cité du design Saint-Etienne has the pleasure to invite you to participate in Mobility of the future, a virtual workshop on the Automotive theme, organized in collaboration with 6 others UNESCO Creative Cities of Design (Detroit, Geelong, Graz, Kortrijk, Puebla, Torino) on April 27 and April 28, 2021. Over the past year, these cities have been acting as experts in the field of the automotive industry and have come together to share their experience, projects and vision of tomorrow’s mobility.
PART 1 April 27
[12am – 14:30pm CET]
- 12-12h30 Virtual Tour Around Autofiction
- 12h30-13h Introduction
– Saint-Etienne 10 years as UNESCO Creative City of Design
– Keynote speaker on the Automotive topics
- 13h-14h15 Vision of future mobility apprehended at 3 scales
Brief presentation à la Pecha Kucha !
- A.) Human scale: users’ point of view
Facilitate accessibility, engage people, create social links
– SAINT-ETIENNE Jean-Marc Boucheret/IVECO for the Crealis project
– DETROIT Dexter Sullivan/The Michigan Mobility Institute
- B.) Product scale: means of transportation updated
Rethink the car object with the eCar, from construction to materials all the way to its Operation and infrastructure
– KORTRIJK Inge Defour/Howest College for The Collective/Volkswagen project
– GRAZ Daniel Huber/Moodley industrial design for One for all project
- C.) City scale: our streets requalified
Transform/adapt urban space, with the imperatives of sustainable integration
– TORINO Isabella Calvagna/ City of Torino for the Sustainable mobility lab project
– PUEBLA Pitch bus [TBD]
– GEELONG Geelong Clever and Creative Corridor [TBD]
14h15 – 14h 30 Break
PART 2 April 27
[14:30 pm – 15:30pm CET]
“The automobile is in question, it’s no longer a personal property.
So, which bifurcation shall we take?” (object scale, human scale, urban scale)
Let’s work together on a concrete project in Detroit and Puebla!