Breads of the Creative Cities is an ongoing project of ITKI Foundation and its partner Tucson, UNESCO City of Gastronomy. We are extending the definition of bread to include any local staple food that plays a culturally significant role in a community’s heritage to include as many UCCN member cities as possible. This project continues the efforts of the Days of Bread event held in Krakow, Poland, for the UCCN XII Annual Meeting in June 2018.
- CREATE A CULTURAL DIGITAL RESOURCE: Create a digital hub where stories and traditions of the traditional local bakers, farmers, and millers of the UCC are collected.
- PROMOTE “BEST PRACTICES”: Promote replicable and inter-clusters formats for the UNESCO Creative Cities Network.
- SPOTLIGHT THE KNOWLEDGE KEEPERS AND THEIR VALUE CHAIN: Highlight the culture, the tradition and the efforts of the bakers, farmers, and millers.
- STRENGTHEN THE UCC NETWORK: Create a stronger relation between the Creative Cities and the Knowledge Keepers involved in the project.
New highlights from the third edition of the project:
- More than one Knowledge Keeper from each UCC can participate (in the previous editions only one per UCC)
- Video interviews of your local Knowledge Keepers are welcome to celebrate the Film Creativity of the UCCN XIV host city.
How to participate
You can participate as a UNESCO Creative City or as a Knowledge Keeper (baker, miller, farmer) by registering onto the Creative Knowledge Platform here.
Before starting, take a look at the questions that will be asked and at the guidelines provided on our website by clicking on the “Participate!” button.
Protect your traditions and transmit them to the new generations.
Tell us about you, your working techniques, your territory, and your products.
C O N T A C T
For additional information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
F U R T H E R I N F O R M A T I O N
Follow the project on ITKI Foundation channel:
Discover the participants:
Creative Knowledge Platform